Art Montage
A couple of weeks ago I told you guys I would have a contest-and here it is! Unfortunately I didn't have the right programs in order to make a video, but I thought an art montage would be just as good.
I pulled up bits of photography from New York from the handy dandy google.com. This contest relates back to my first question about art, and seeing art everywhere around you. Everyone of us see these images every day run down buildings, bridges, street signs. Have any of us actually thought of them as art? Just because something is shot with an expensive camera does it make it any more artsy than what we see with the naked eye? I want you guys to think of art as part of our every day lives, so this contest will revolve around that? So what exactly is the contest? Write a post of what art is in your lives, for me art includes the things you see in the montage above. Your post can include your very own montage, a few words, maybe even one word. What's the prize you ask? A complete DVD set of "In the Making 2008: Frame by Frame Animating Film and Video" What better for a contest about art than a prize about art? This DVD teaches you about contemporary animated films and videos and follows various artists on their animation achievements. The prize will be awarded on Friday 12/17/10. Please participate!

2 comments:
Art is enlightening, uplifting, depressing, gloomy, enigmatic...Art is emotion.:)
Thanks for your participation (: boy I hope more people join in!
Post a Comment