Macro in Two Tastes

          This post is purely to critique two different articles I've chosen to be featured on my blog. Both these articles are on macro photography. As the title suggests, macro photography is a style of photography used to make things look bigger and more defined. The first link I've chosen is a news article from deviantart: http://news.deviantart.com/article/134610/. The title of the article is "The different styles and types of macro photograph".
        "The different styles and types of macro photograph", was written by a deviantart user by the name of "Masterwks". After reading this article, I got a little bit of insight on the world of macro photography. The one thing I like about this article is that it's a very simple read, and is a good way to introduce the basics. The downer of this article is that it does not go too deep into the magnification purposes of macro photography, and the article is lacking good solid information. It seems like this article was meant for readers who already know a little bit of macro photography, rather than someone who knows absolutely nothing. Another positive of this article, is its use of aesthetics. All the photographs featured are very colorful, the article also features different styles of macro photograph, and accomplishes its purpose as the article title suggests.


         The second article I chose was:http://www.macrophotography.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19 . Unlike the second article, this article goes very in depth about the different sizes of magnification a macro photography camera can do.In fact, while reading this I felt very overwhelmed by the different statistics that popped up. Obviously this article isn't meant for people who have no idea on what macro photography is, just like the one before it. "There was a number of email questions after my last macro post and I was planning to give very basic technical information with future posts. Qiang made an email request that I should rather put it in the tutorial forum so it will be more readily accessible." As the introduction suggests, this article was meant for an audience who probably already know what macro photography is, and probably want to buy a macro camera. I liked how the conclusion includes a variety of tips for photographers. Unlike the article beforehand, this article lacks photos and demonstration of style. I honestly think that a fusion of both these blogs would make a perfect macro article for people who already have a bit of background.


Note: None of these photographs are mine, they are all from the linked articles I have chosen. If you want to look at more examples of macro photography please visit: http://webdesignledger.com/inspiration/40-amazing-examples-of-macro-photography . This website has a lot of beautiful photographs!

posted under , |

2 comments:

Shandy said...

Oh wow, the picture of the eye is stunning!
Would food advertisements be considered macro photography? Lol.

Samara said...

Yes sometimes food advertisements contain macro photography, especially those like chocolate ads to show the texture and details etc. this is an example of food photography in pizza:

http://steamykitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/gios-pizza-001.jpg

The pizza would look pretty ordinary with the naked eye, but with macro the thickness of the crust, and various spices/ingredients can be seen.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

& Comment Policy

When posting on this blog, please be respectful towards other. I will not tolerate hate comments towards others or myself. Please don't use my blog as a way to advertise either, or any spam messages. If you posted a comment twice by mistake, I won't hold anything against you. Posting a repeated message a numerous of times will not get any attention, and is considered spam. I don't care about writing in "proper" English, but as long as you don't wR!t3 l!k3 di$ it's fine.

I'm thinking about having a contest, what kind of contest would you like it to be?

Total Pageviews

Followers


Recent Comments