Likeable Links
Hello Bloggers! Ever look at the millions of art sites around the web? Maybe you've stumbled upon one through a friend? Well I spend most of my time on the internet searching through tons of different art and design websites, and here's a list of my favorite ones!
deviantArt:
http://www.deviantart.com/
deviantArt is a socializing network for both beginner and professional artists. Some of the members of deviantart include prominent graphic designers such as those that are responsible of the Disney characters, to beginner artists who draw for the love of drawing! There are literally billions of deviantArt submissions, many of them might actually seem familiar. Each deviantartist has their very own profile, with their personal information, fans, their own artwork, and artwork that they like the best. Many of the artists also use their deviantArt account as a blog or diary.Each deviantArt composition has it's own comment section, and ratings for their artwork. I chose this website, in order to inspire you guys to get out there and get motivated. Not only does deviantArt provide tons of inspiration, it also is a great way to get shopping done. Yes you've read right! Most of the deviantArt work are available for purchases. This goes from paintings, to jewelry, and even handmade toys.
MoMa:
http://www.moma.org/
New York Times:Arts
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/index.html
It's always nice to keep up to date with the world of art, and I believe the New York Times provides an excellent collection of articles for that. The New York Times art section looks at things that are going around in art culture today. You can look at different reviews of movies,books, and plays or get up to date with pop culture. The New York Times also focuses on art resources,centers, and museum exhibitions. You'll also find a lot of stories on different writers, painters, music artists. They even have excerpts on video game graphics! My personal favorite though are the movie reviews. Why spend your money to find a movie stunk when you can just read the review beforehand?
Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/
Etsy, unlike the other links, isn't a place jam packed with information. The reason why I chose etsy, is similar to why I chose to show you guys deviantArt. Etsy like devinatArt, is a place where many different artists go to sell their artwork. Most of them are professional, but a lot of the things there aren't mainstream. If you're looking for limited edition, one of a kind things-this is the place to go. Etsy features a shopping area, prices range from anywhere around $1to $100,000. Even if you're not into shopping, this site is really wonderful to look at the different artisan crafts and paintings of modern day artists. Etsy also provides a blogging area, with different opinions, and a community forum. I honestly, love this place to death! It amazes me how people like you and me can make some of these clever pieces, and how many people will actually pay a lot of money for them.
Art, Design, and Visual Thinking:
http://char.txa.cornell.edu/
Well everything couldn't just be filled with oohs and aahs. This link goes to a site owned by Cornell University. If you ever wanted to learn about art, without paying expensive tuition for it-this is the place to go!This website is very well organized and is chock full of information. The information ranges from art history, to different styles of art and design. Great place to learn new information, if you're really into learning.
The Village Voice:
http://www.villagevoice.com/music/
The Village Voice is a website dedicated to New York life from restaurants to events. This particular link goes to The Village Voice music section. Music is a form of art, and as I stated earlier, I want my blog to be inspired by New York. Like the New York Times, Village Voice offers reviews on different genres of music. The website also features emerging artists, and top picks of the week. Like many music websites, The Village Voice also has news and updates of the music world from various artists (it is not limited to New York artists). I know a lot of you like to listen to different types of genres, and here ya' go! I website that does just that.
EGO-BOX:
http://ego-box.com/html-help/
I like to think of this link as a gift from me to you. All of you are doing your own blogs, and have often asked me how to do html. This link was what I used for my first introduction to html. These are all basic things to do, so please look at them. I find them very useful for when I'm editing html on my own blog, and they've really helped me back in the days of Myspace. A lot of the affiliated links on ego-box are also graphic designing websites, which show you how to use photoshop etc.
I know long post! But I really hope you guys look at least one link and share your opinions on them.Each website will help you come closer and closer to beyond the box, even if you just catch a glimpse at one of them.







7 comments:
this post is really interesting :)...i liked the etsy link the most the pictures on it were pretty cool and you see rarely art like that...one of them was the mechanical animals :P it was cute and different <3
Etsy's such a wonderful place to look at handmade items.I like looking at the toys, but my favorite thing to browse though is the jewelry.Some of them are limited items, and it's always nice to know you have something original. Was there any form of crafted items you liked the best?
By the way Angeliki, I added a handcrafted tutorials page onto my blog, in case your interested on how to make your own items.
Wow! What a really good post. I checked out all of your links and thought they were very creative. I'm glad to see that you thought beyond the box to include different forms of art like music, movie reviews, blog design, learning about art in general. Very creative. I also liked the etsy link a lot like Angeliki. I liked the idea of a spoon on a wooden duck a lot. And I had no idea that people are willing to pay $100,000 for a piece of art work.
I think the reason that people like to pay so much for the etsy items in particular is because they're one of a kind. I wouldn't go that far in buying art, but I guess I would consider buying the smaller pieces of artwork.
In addition to your links, I would like to add http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/22/youtube-play-guggenheim_n_772389.html#
(if you have mentioned it in another post, whoops) It's about the Youtube/Guggenheim Museum collaboration, which I think might constitute as art.
Aww thanks Jack! I'll be sure to add it.
Post a Comment